Uncontested Divorce Lawyers Jasper & Divorce Attorneys

Call us today at (205) 201-1789


Our Jasper divorce lawyers are currently offering discounted fees for uncontested divorces.Jasper Divorce Lawyers

  • $290 for uncontested divorces without minor children of the marriage.
  • $390 for uncontested divorces with minor children of the marriage.

This does not include the filing fee that each county charges to file your divorce. The filing fee in Walker County is approximately $229, which includes a small convenience fee.

To do an uncontested divorce in Jasper, you and your spouse must be in complete agreement about all issues arising from your marriage. Since there are no contested issues in an uncontested divorce, there are no hearings involved and it is usually not necessary to have an in person meeting with the attorney preparing your divorce documents. Therefore, we can offer these discounted fees no matter where you are in the State of Alabama.

If you want to get the process started you can call and request that a questionnaire be mailed to you or fill one out online by clicking on the Get Started Now/Take Action button in the sidebar. If you have any questions call our divorce lawyers in Jasper today.

Cheap Divorces in Walker County – Uncontested Divorce Attorney

If you are seeking an uncontested divorce in Jasper or the surrounding areas, then it is important to retain an Alabama divorce attorney that is familiar with the local filing requirements in Walker County. Even in a cheap uncontested divorce, it is important to have an attorney in order to make sure that everything is prepared and filed correctly. Cheap Divorce in JasperEvery county has their own filing rules, and our Jasper divorce lawyers are familiar with the local requirements for an uncontested divorce in Walker County. Our attorneys can ensure that you receive your divorce decree as quickly and easily as possible.

There are generally two ways to file for a divorce in Jasper, Alabama, uncontested or contested. An uncontested divorce is where an agreement is signed prior to the divorce being filed. This agreement is filed at the same time of the divorce, and since an agreement has been reached at the time of filing the case is labeled uncontested, since there are no contested issues and everything has already been agreed upon by the parties.

Any other way a divorce is initiated is considered a contested divorce. In a contested divorce, the divorce is began by the filing of a document called a Complaint. This document is filed and served on the other spouse, who then has thirty (30) days to file their appropriate response. If a response is filed, then the two sides will need to reach an agreement or there will be a trial, where the judge will decide your contested issues for you. If no response is filed in the thirty day period, then you may be able to get something called a default divorce (which is basically a divorce without the other spouse’s participation). If you are unable to locate the other spouse in order to serve them, then you may be able to get a type of default divorce too, which is sometimes called divorce by publication. If you and your spouse are not in agreement or you do not know where they are located, then give our Jasper divorce lawyers a call today.

How Much Is a Cheap Uncontested Divorce in Jasper?

To get a cheap uncontested divorce in Jasper, you and your spouse must be in agreement about all of your marital issues. Our Jasper divorce attorneys are currently charging $290 for attorney fees in uncontested divorces without minor children of the marriage and $390 in uncontested divorces with minor children. This quote is for the attorney fees only. There is an additional filing fee that each county charges for filing a divorce. This filing fee varies depending on the county you are filing in, with Walker County’s being about $228 (which includes a small convenience fee for electronic filings).

When you retain us to handle your uncontested divorce, we will send you a questionnaire for you to fill out and return to us with the payment for the attorney fees. Our Jasper divorce lawyers will prepare your uncontested divorce documents and ensure that they comply with the county’s local requirements. Divorce Attorneys in JasperYou will have unlimited phone and email access with the attorney, who can answer any questions you may have about the divorce prices and provide counsel concerning your marital dissolution. After you have received the uncontested divorce documents and are satisfied with their contents, then you, and your spouse, must sign and properly execute the documents and return them to our office with the filing fee.

Once we receive the paperwork signed by both parties, then one of our lawyers will file your uncontested divorce. After about thirty (30) days, the judge assigned to your case will pull your case, and sign your divorce decree. There is a thirty (30) day waiting period for divorces in Alabama, so your divorce will not be able to be final until at least thirty (30) days from the filing date. The attorney fees and the court’s filing fee should be all of the costs in most uncontested divorces (unless you would like to have an in person consultation in one of our offices or if you have other documentation that you wish us to prepare for you such as a quit claim deed). If you would like to meet in our office or you require additional documentation, then please call us for more information on these additional costs.

Each county has their own clauses that they require in their uncontested divorce documents, and some counties even have completely separate documents that are only required in that particular county. Some counties have their own unique local procedural requirements for uncontested divorces as well. Walker County has their own unique clauses that they require in divorce decrees and in settlement agreements, as well as having special procedural requirements for filing your divorce documents. Our divorce lawyers regularly file uncontested divorces in Walker County and are very familiar with their local requirements.

In an uncontested divorce, if both spouses are residents of Alabama then you can usually file in any county in Alabama that you choose. However, it is usually advised that you file in a county that one of you reside in. If only one of you resides in Alabama, then you must file your non-contested divorce in the county that the spouse living in Alabama resides in. If you live in Jasper, Carbon Hill, Dora, Parrish, or Sumiton then your divorce will likely be filed in the Circuit Court of Walker County. If you are in the Walker County area and wish to obtain a cheap and easy uncontested divorce, then give our Jasper divorce lawyers a call today for more information at (205) 201-1789.