Millbrook Divorce Lawyer & Millbrook Divorce Attorneys


Contested Divorce Retainers Starting at $1500

Call us today at (334) 315-3933


Our Millbrook divorce lawyer is currently offering discounted attorney fees to help you get a cheap divorce in Elmore County. If you and your spouse have already reached an agreement then you may be able to get a quick and easy divorce in Autauga or Elmore County. Millbrook Divorce LawyerIf you live in Millbrook or the surrounding areas of Eclectic, Elmore, Deatsville, Tallassee, or Wetumpka, then you will likely be filing your divorce in either Autauga or Elmore County. Prattville is the county seat of Autauga County and Wetumpka is the county seat of Elmore County with the courthouse located in downtown Wetumpka. 

  • $290 uncontested divorce without minor children
  • $390 uncontested divorce with minor children

There is also a filing fee that each county charges to file your divorce. The filing fee in Elmore County is $242. When you call us just ask and we’ll be happy to let you know the filing fee in your particular county. 

To begin the process, you can fill out a divorce questionnaire online and send it to us. To do that, go to the right-hand side of the page to locate the Take Action link where you will find the questionnaire or contact us via the phone to have one emailed or mailed to you. After filling out the divorce questionnaire, you will then send it back to us and make a payment for the attorney fees by using a credit card online or have a check or money order mailed to us. Call our line today at (334) 315-3933 for further information regarding how you can acquire a cheap divorce in Millbrook. 

Millbrook Uncontested Divorce Lawyer

When going through your divorce, if you retain a local Millbrook divorce attorney then you will have your divorce filed in the county where you live. As such, if you reside in Millbrook, then Autauga County or Elmore County is like going to be where your divorce will be filed.  Every county has their own local rules, and these rules must be duly followed to get your divorce completed. Millbrook Divorce AttorneysEven in simple uncontested divorces, each county in Alabama has their own local rules that must be followed in order for the judge to sign your divorce decree. 

Contested divorce can be very complex and expensive as a result of the potential for litigation. In order for a case to be uncontested, there will need to be an agreement reached and properly signed by both parties when the divorce is filed.  Since an agreement has been reached, there are no contested issues when the divorce is filed with the court and that is why it is called an uncontested divorce.  In these types of cases, there are certain forms and documents to be entered  but there are also regional requirements for each county.  In almost all no fault divorce actions there will usually be an Answer, Complaint, Settlement Agreement, Testimony, and Acknowledgment of Representation.  If there are minor children of the marriage then there will be child support forms and usually custody affidavits as well.

These documents are usually required in all counties, but it is the language that the local courts request be put in the documents that can vary greatly depending on the jurisdiction.  Some examples of this are where one county might want language in the agreement that another county might not require, or they might want certain documents filed prior to other documents, and some counties have their own special documents and procedures to follow that may require additional filings. 

When you retain our law firm for your divorce, we will discuss these requirements with you so that you understand exactly what documents you are signing and what the requirements are that we will be following when your case is filed.  We stay informed of the latest changes to the local rules so that we are not caught off guard when certain requirements are changed or altered in the future.  This is why it is important to obtain a Millbrook divorce lawyer to handle your simple uncontested divorce, so that everything is filed in accordance with the local rules.

Divorce Attorneys in Millbrook, Alabama

Whether your case is to be filed in Autauga County or Elmore County, there are specific local requirements. Our competent local divorce attorneys in Millbrook understand these requirements and local rules through years of experience filing cases in Millbrook. Also, in a marriage where there are minor children, a parenting course requirement may be necessary. Quick and Cheap Divorces in MillbrookThat means, you and your spouse may have to undergo and complete a Transitions in Parenting course, which you must complete in order to get your divorce decree. This is only done in Elmore County and not requested in all counties.

In Autauga County, there is also specific language that they require in their agreements and affidavits, but, unlike Elmore County, they do not require a parenting course.  If you are filing a contested divorce, then you will likely have hearings set in your case.  The hearings for divorces filed in Elmore County are usually held in the Elmore County Courthouse in Wetumpka.  All hearings in divorce cases filed in Autauga County are usually held in the Autauga County Courthouse located in downtown Prattville, Alabama.  In such contested divorce cases, these hearings will almost always continue until either both sides reach an agreement or a judge decides the contested issues at trial.

Our Millbrook divorce attorney regularly files divorce cases in Millbrook, Wetumpka, Selma, Clanton, Prattville, Deatsville, Elmore, Holtville, and the surrounding areas of Elmore, Chilton, and Autauga Counties. Our Millbrook office is located at 2161 Main Street, Millbrook, AL 36054.  If you have any questions about the requirements in your area, then call our office today to speak to our divorce attorney in Millbrook over the phone, or in person, and let us explain the local process for filing in Elmore County, Autauga County, or any of the surrounding areas of Millbrook and Wetumpka.

Contested Divorce Lawyer in Millbrook, Alabama

If an uncontested divorce cannot be reached, your next option is a contested divorce. In a contested divorce, one spouse files for divorce without any agreement being reached. They serve the other spouse with an official Complaint. Once served, the spouse usually obtains an attorney and files a response. There are hearings set and the judge will ultimately decide your disagreements if the two of you cannot come to one on your own. Divorces in Millbrook Alabama

Should you be considering filing for a contested divorce, you can contact us – our experienced contested divorce attorney can help. We do, however, advise our clients to note that this is the more expensive route. The fees for a contested divorce are higher than an uncontested divorce. This is because of the complexity of the work involved. We, like most other divorce lawyers, require a retainer for these services that is billed based on hourly work performed. This means  the longer and more complex your case it, the longer and more expensive it will be to resolve your marital issues in the divorce process.

Contested divorces usually range from $1500 to $5000 or more, depending on the level of work required in your particular case and how contested they are by your spouse and his or her legal team. There are many factors that affect the cost, there are some surefire factors that will make it more expensive and complicated, such as children and assets between you. We invite you to call our office if you are looking into a divorce in the Millbrook area. After consulting with you over the phone and getting the specifics that we need, we’ll be able to give you an estimate of how much your contested divorce in Millbrook could cost.