If you have already spoken to our attorney or otherwise gotten a quote and are ready to proceed, then you can pay the retainer fees on our website or by dropping off payment at any office. Once we have payment and the questionnaire then we can communicate by phone and email (so you do not have to necessarily take off work if you want) to get the process started. Of course, you can always just schedule an appointment with the attorney in any of our offices and pay the fees at the appointment.
Once you retain us for a contested divorce then, at a minimum, we will need the following financial disclosures from you AT SOME POINT AFTER YOUR COMPLAINT is filed in order to properly prepare your case.
- Tax Returns for previous two years
- Last eight weeks pay stubs of you and your spouse if you can obtain them.
- If you receive other income than just your wages, then please provide proof of that income to us as well such as Social Security Award Letters, VA Disability statements, Annuity Statements, etc.
- Vehicle loan statements with current balance shown for you and your spouse’s vehicles, if possible to obtain it
- Mortgage statement with current balance shown and the deeds to any land or property owned by you or your spouse, if you can obtain it
- Credit Card Statements for all you and your spouse’s accounts showing current balance owed and transactions for the last two months if you can obtain them
- Student loan statements of you and spouse showing current balance owed if you can obtain them
- Retirement Account and Whole Life Insurance Account statement for any accounts owned by you or your spouse showing current balance if you can obtain them.
- Any checking, savings, or other accounts in you or your spouse’s names. Please provide statement showing last two months of activity at minimum. If only get yours that’s fine.
- If have Military Retirement then please provide us with your pay rank and the amount you currently have in any military retirement account.
- Copies of any and all Order(s) requiring you or spouse to pay alimony, spousal support, and/or child support in any prior divorces or other cases.
- Any business documentation or records if own a business.
- AS THE CASE PROCEEDS, PLEASE CONTINUE TO SEND US UPDATED STATEMENTS EACH MONTH FOR YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS, MORTGAGE ACCOUNT, EACH PAY STUB YOU RECEIVE, CAR LOAN STATEMENTS, CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS, LIFE INSURANCE STATEMENTS, AND RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS STATEMENTS.
- FAILURE TO PROVIDE US WITH PROPER INFORMATION ABOUT THE FINANCIAL, PROPERTY, OR OTHER FACTS OF YOUR CASE WILL ONLY HARM YOUR CASE SINCE WE WILL NOT BE PROPERLY INFORMED OF ALL OF THE FACTS OF THE MARRIAGE. THIS INFORMATION WILL BE REQUIRED BY THE OPPOSING PARTY AT SOME POINT IN THE DISCOVERY PROCES AND GETTING IT TO US AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE IS GOING TO HELP US PROPERLY PREPARE YOUR CASE.
- If you have any questions, then feel free to email us at email@example.com or call our main number at (205) 201-1789.